Breast Cancer Information and Tips provide you to find all the solutions and tips for your problem's related to Breast Cancer. Get complete detailed information on Breast Cancer and how to control Breast Cancer. More and more people come to our website for Breast Cancer tips and we make them Satisfy

Friday, September 26, 2008

Why Having A Mastectomy May Not Be A Good Idea

When being diagnosed with cancer, you will be faced with many options depending on how advance your cancer has progressed. One of those options may be to have a mastectomy. Upon learning that I had cancer 5 years ago, this option was presented to me by my surgeon. Upon my next visit to my surgeon I informed him of my not wanting to having a mastectomy, now there is no scientific proof that I know of that may warrant my idea on not having a mastectomy, but I believe there can be danger in the cancer spreading to other parts of your body more quickly.

Now, mind you, my cancer was very advanced when I received my diagnosis. After having 13 lymph nodes removed, I just could not picture being without my breast, and the apparent danger that it involved. So I vouched not to have a mastectomy. Now I don't recommend this to all women, because every woman situation may be different. This was my own personal decision.

In order to deal with cancer effectively, one must educate them self of the possible dangers involved in having a mastectomy. Never rush into something without educating yourself first. You don't want to be faced with regret later. Think things through with friends and family members. Do as much research as you can before having your breast removed. Remember, your breast are beautiful, just like you, and you only get one set of them, so give it a lot of thought before proceeding with your mastectomy.

Remember having a mastectomy will not guarantee that your cancer will not come back. Usually with a few lifestyle changes and education, one can preserve their breast for many years. In this game, there are no guarantees, but with faith all will prevail.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home