Breast Cancer Information and Tips provide you to find all the solutions and tips for your problem's related to Breast Cancer. Get complete detailed information on Breast Cancer and how to control Breast Cancer. More and more people come to our website for Breast Cancer tips and we make them Satisfy

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Breast Cancer Walks - A Small Step Goes a Long Way

Breast cancer is a disease that will affect one woman out of eight in their life. Although it is a disease affecting mainly women, men can rarely have some form of breast malignancy. Even if a woman does not have breast carcinoma, the odds are she will have a relative or friend that will have it.

Cancer research has made some great progress in recent years but with the life expectancy getting pushed further and further, the odds of a person developing a malignancy in her lifetime increases. Breast cancer is among the most common cancer and is getting much attention as it is affecting millions of women and their families every year.

I was recently on a Carnival cruise in the Caribbeans and was pleased to see that they were organizing a one mile walk against breast cancer. I signed-up along with my children and was told that the profits were going for breast malignancy research. We were also given a t-shirt and a pink wristband. Although the walk was only scheduled to take place three days later on the ship deck, we decided to practice and started walking wearing our t-shirt. Being a marketer, I was also hoping to do some publicity for the walk and was ready to ask questions about the activity.

I was pleased to see that people were interested and asking us questions about our t-shirt and what we were doing and answered gladly. After all, the more people participate in those money raising activities the faster they will find a cure for breast cancer.

On the day of the walk, we were greeted by a short talk about the history of the "on deck for a cure" activity which is a trademark by Carnival cruises that was started a couple of years ago. So far, they have raised over seven hundred thousands dollars for breast cancer research and treatment.

The organiser then asked people to raise their hand if they were a cancer survivor. I was shocked and I got chills on my skins when I saw that out of the fifty people there, more than five rose their hands. It made me realize how frequent cancer is and that we must join forces to help find a cure and better overall treatment options.

Participating in our group was about fifty people, two of which were men. I was a little disappointed to see that men do not feel more concerned about breast cancer which affects the women in their lives. The walk was a very nice middle to slow pace three tours around the ship and at the end we were offered a glass of pink lemonade.

I was happy to participate in the "on deck for the cure" walk for many reasons: I had a chance to spend more time with my children, I love walking, I have contributed a little to a fund-raising event against breast cancer.

There are many walks against breast cancer going around everywhere. You can go online and find one in your area. I am sure you will enjoy your experience.

I want to congratulate Carnival cruises for creating and participating in such a great activity as the walk on deck against breast cancer. I certainly wish that the activity gets more publicity and grows. One thing that would be very cool is to see an entire cruise attendees walking on deck and raising lots of money against breast cancer. Maybe I should work on that.


Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Jean_Simmer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home